question

yaclan avatar image
yaclan asked

SMARTSOLAR MPPT BURNT ?

Hello,

my SMARTSOLAR VICTRON MPPT 75/15 Bluetooth goes in an infinit loop when I try to connect to it.
I have done all that is suggested in the VICTRON steps to reset the MPPT, included change the PIN code wich I can access to, but nothing works.
I guess my MPPT is burnt.
Here is a short video of what happen.

I must add that when the MPPT is in this infinit loop, I sometimes get access to the INFO page and there are no leds blinking.

ADDED : when I get directly to INFO PAGE when connecting :

Thanks for your clever advices.

MPPT SmartSolar
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
@YacLan your link is not valid.
0 Likes 0 ·
yaclan avatar image yaclan klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Thanks for that. Should work now

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @YacLan,

There is a really comprehensive and thorough test procedure available here -

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Pre-RMA_Bench_Test_Instructions/en/pre-rma-test-form---mppt-solar-charger.html

If you run through that step by step, and don't skip anything, it will reliably diagnose what is going wrong. It will also tell you if you have a potential warranty claim.

If you do go to a dealer for a warranty, make sure to show them the records of your testing, it will save some time.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

yaclan avatar image
yaclan answered ·

Hello every body.
@Guy Stewart : thank you for your help.
The mainly accurate part of the test is that one :
2024-03-18-11-54-10-6pre-rma-test-form-mppt-solar.pngSo I guess I will have to make a claim ...
Can you tell me the way to proceed ?
Thanks again.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Take it back to your dealer is the only way
0 Likes 0 ·