question

garys avatar image
garys asked

How do i maximize my SolarMD battery draw when in non-peak time!

Hi All

I wan tto use my SolarMD batteries during certain periods at night. So for example from 00h01 to 05h00 i only want to use battery power and not use local power to top up the batteries. The batteries can then be charged during the day. How do we set this. Sunsynk has such a feature( sorry i needed to mention this)!

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@garys

Yeah the feature can be matched with finer control in the Victron ecosystem depending on how serious you want to be about it l.

I use Node Red for choosing when to discharge etc. since it has finer control.

You can hold the batteries at full (or other percent) charge at night during certain times, through the GX menu - use the schedule charge feature. Then after the window closes it will discharge down to your set SOC in case of grid faliure.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

garys avatar image
garys answered ·

Hi Alexander, thanks for the reply but i have no idea how to set this up. I am based in South Africa and everyone i speak to at Victron cannot answer my question. Do you have a solution for me such as a step by step setup for this?

Gary

3 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Ok. Will ask a more basic question then. Do you have ESS assistant installed?

When you scroll through the GX does it have anything under the ESS in the menu?

Menu - settings - (about 8 items down) - ESS

I assume everything is programmed according to guidlines.

I know for Comms the datalogger is not necessary on their newer batteries so that part can be ignored

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Victron has far more advanced capabilities and control than any Chinese inverter, you just need to read the docs, follow the training etc.

It isn't plug and pray, it requires some expertise to know how to configure these systems, something a competent installer and supplier should know.

0 Likes 0 ·
garys avatar image garys nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks guys. However, i have been in contact with Victron both locally and world wide and it still seems like no one is trying to help me. I will keep asking.
0 Likes 0 ·