question

Daniel Tamm avatar image
Daniel Tamm asked

Victron support for FCR-D, FFR (grid support)

In Sweden there's currently some actors called "aggregators" that through a software/hardware platform can control a group of battery-connected inverters (ie solutions like Victron's ESS systems), to react to frequency changes on the grid. By doing this they can provide grid support services of scale to the Swedish national grid operator (SVK).

For being a frequency reserve "asset" the reward is currently at about 25 EUR/month/kW but it varies and can't really be guaranteed. However, that's the level it's at now.

To be part of these aggregator's reserve, they install a local hardware device that can communicate with the aggregator and with the locally installed inverter (normally by either modbus/tcp or modbus/rtu). Since Victron's solutions are very "talkable" and integratable I see no technical problem to use Victron's equipment for a solution like this.

My question here and reason for raising this issue here in the forum is to have a post where we can track the progress of this type of application for Victron equipment.

As for now, I haven't seen any aggregator provide a Victron solution. Does anyone here know anything more?

Below link gives a little background on the grid-support that a large number of grid connected devices can help out with when orchestrated together.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inertial_response

ESSdynamic ess
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers