question

zed-must avatar image
zed-must asked

how to set export to grid between certain hours of the day only?

Is it possible To configure ess to sell all locally generated power during certain times of the day?

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jimg avatar image
jimg answered ·

I don't think it is currently, but I too being UK based would also like to be able to set scheduled export times in exactly the same way we can schedule charging times within VRM without the complexity of having to use Node Red or HA to do so.

The export tariffs in the UK market are evolving very quickly during the last 12 months alone.

Very popular for solar and battery installations, Octopus Energy have introduced the Flux Tariff giving 3 hours low rate import overnight from 2-5am, a decent export rate during the day from 5am-4pm, then a high export rate between 4-7pm

I'd very much like to be able to schedule a specific export period during the 4-7pm time slot to dump maybe 50% of our battery capacity (9kwh) earning us currently £0.304 per kWh and leaving enough in the batteries to last us for the rest of the evening until the cheap import rate starts again at 2am

The current Dynamic ESS export doesn't provide this simple export scheduling possible.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.