question

marekp avatar image
marekp asked

What is the difference beetwen MPPT SmartSolar 250/70 part# SCC125070421 and part#SCC125070220

Hello,

I found two units of SmartSolar MPPT 250/70 with the different part numbers.

SCC125070421 and SCC125070220

One is twice as expensive than the other.

What is the difference between them to justify that price difference (same store)?

The only difference I see is that the cheaper one has V,can and the more expensive does not.

https://allegro.pl/oferta/kontroler-smartsolar-mppt-250-70-tr-ve-can-13515984656

https://allegro.pl/oferta/kontroler-smartsolar-mppt-250-70-tr-victron-energy-13385397221

MPPT SmartSolar
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

victroncopilot avatar image victroncopilot ♦♦ commented ·

The provided information does not contain any specific details about the differences between the two SmartSolar MPPT 250/70 models with part numbers SCC125070421 and SCC125070220. Therefore, I do not have enough information to answer your question. Please provide more specific details or refer to the product documentation or datasheets for a detailed comparison between these two models.

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp victroncopilot ♦♦ commented ·

I tried this copilot and result is rather poor.

Needs more work I guess.

If I new the difference between those two part# I would not ask the question.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@MarekP

One has CAN one does not. I assume anyway. When you connect to some stores their disclaimer is always the information about the product may not be correct. Didn't look at the price list to confirm. But it is the most likely reason.

The difference between what you buy would be system design.

CAN is cheaper to connect of you have a number of them in the system so the VE direct cable can be skipped over mppts can be daisy chained. And it makes it easier to make longer cable runs for data.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marekp avatar image marekp commented ·
@Alexandra

I edited the question by adding the links to the product offers.

I noticed that the one has V.Can.

I would thing that additional V.Can port would make the unit more expensive but it is half price. :)

Can the model with V.Can be used as a single and connected to Cerbo by VE.direct?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ marekp commented ·

@MarekP

Ah right. Now I see why you ask, it is the opposite to what you expect.

Thanks for adding the links to the OG post.

Yes the can can be used in single mode in CAN.

And then the only other difference is one is an older product. See the latest price list

SCC125070421 is on the new list. The other will be an older unit.

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Alexandra

Thank you.

So, there is no point to pay more to get less. :)

The new price list is interesting. :)

0 Likes 0 ·