question

philly212 avatar image
philly212 asked

no "always on" load output on mppt after battery drain

SmartSolar Charger MPPT 75/15 (firmware v1.61) & Cerbo GX (firmware v3.01)

I've had this happen a few times. We'll get bad weather, the unit will go offline, and sometimes it comes back up in a day when the sun comes out, othertimes it never comes back up until manual intervention.

In this manual intervention state, the smartsolar mppt has power, as the green float light is lit for about 4 seconds, turns off for half a second, then goes back to solid for 4 seconds or so, and this light sequence repeats. Battery and solar voltages at this time are fine. It just won't output the load. Usually the process involves unplugging battery, maybe solar, but almost always the fuse on the mppt. Earlier today, I did that, and it finally turned the load output back on. I hadn't even plugged in the battery yet and it was already outputting voltage on the Load.

MPPT Unit is set to "Always on" for load output. Yesterday for example, my 2 12v lithium 100AH (in parallel), were at max 14.27V, with 0Wh consumption.

Once the unit load started working, the app said battery voltage 13.5V, current 1.5A, state float. Load output was 19W

Anyone know why the unit sometimes won't auto-turn back on after a battery drain?

Sometimes the unit goes offline during the night, but always turns back on around 9am or so. But anytime we get bad weather for a few days, it goes off and stays off.

MPPT SmartSolar
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Dorsett avatar image Mike Dorsett commented ·

check the voltage settings with Victron connect. If necessary, set up a custom profile. Sometime there is a delay of many minutes between the battery reaching the turn on voltage and the load output activating.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers