question

nileshmakan avatar image
nileshmakan asked

PV Charger - not charging

My PV charger is not charging. When I view the info on the App, it shows as "off" (see image below). When I access the SmartSolar Charger MPPT 150/100, and I look at the data next to PV, there is a charge of 36.21V that seems to be coming through. If I switch the solar off, this does fall to 0. I assume that this is correct, but this is currently with the State as "Off"

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-23 at 14.25.37_e9601ac7.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-23 at 14.25.37_1243642b.jpg

MPPT SmartSolar
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt1309 avatar image matt1309 commented ·
Hi @nilesh.makan@gmail.com

That voltage seems too low to charge a 52v battery. Is there an issue with your PV array? Have you removed some panels that were previously in series?

2 Likes 2 ·
nileshmakan avatar image nileshmakan matt1309 commented ·
Hello @matt1309 Thank you for your response. No, there has been no change in the panels. One day it was working, the next day it wasn't. No power going to the battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
matt1309 avatar image matt1309 nileshmakan commented ·

Have a look at some of the historic data on vrm advanced tab for the solar charge controller.
What was the voltage when it was charging correctly? This might give a hint as to when the behaviour started.

I was going to guess it was just a dark day for you but that does sound really quite a low voltage.

Can you see any more detail if you try accessing the charge controller using victron connect app rather than via the gx device.

If you can see more information/change the state on there then it may just be a loose connection between charge controller and gx device (would be a nice easy fix).

1 Like 1 ·
1 Answer
offroadflow avatar image
offroadflow answered ·

Maybe you switched off the charger (maintenance mode)?

Check it it's on in the settings/battery, best directly through Bluetooth...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.