question

claudioita avatar image
claudioita asked

Move from Deye (10KW+10KW)+Weco to Victron+Weko

Hi, WIsh to change inverters in my setup because of Victron controllability, open source, and general management system

I do have in my system two Deye 10KW+10KW in parallel, 20KW of solar panels and around 48KWh batteries (9 Weco 5,3KWh each).

System is triphase (Italy 380V).

Is this upgrade possible? If yes which Victron inverter you recommend? And which additional gear I should get (I guess MPPT, then?)

Thanks

Deye
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@claudioita If you are familiar with the forum rules, design questions are not in scope. I will however mention some important things to take into account. For a similar parallel system, the Quattro is recommended as the 8 & 10 kVA MP-II models do not currently support parallel configurations. Note, 10kVA is only 8kW so you have to make sure your demand is covered by whichever Victron model you choose. Not all products are fully type tested and certified and has to be considered as applicable, that is unless you are 100% off-grid. The SmartSolar MPPT RS450/XXX range will probably be the direction you have to go, although do a sizing excercise first to ensure you can transfer strings "as-is". If not, reconfiguration of the strings will be required. You can in principle use any battery solution, although unless shown in the Victron compatibility list, you may not have the system information sharing and management features that can make life so much simpler and also won't have access to support. You may be best served by getting a local Victron supplier / installer as the cabling, protective device all has to be reviewed and taken into account with such a potentially complex migration.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic