question

neilh63 avatar image
neilh63 asked

Multiplus 2 stuck in Passthru

pass.pngrc.pngI have a Multiplus 2 that has been running for over a year without too many issues. I use it as an Energy Storage set-up - charging from PV and the Grid (on cheap rate) in the evening. Through the day it attempts to balance the energy in the house until the batteries are depleted, starting the cycle all all over again - 7 days a week. I have 2 Pylon Batteries connected on CAN-BUS and a small CT (current transformer) connected to the Multi to measure the house load. This week - the unit was powered down for 2 hours whilst we had some extra work carried out - the Multi was also powered down for the same duration. Once the unit was put back online, it has decided to stay stuck in Passthru; frustrating as nothing had changed and now I can only charge from the PV and not make use of any of the stored power, or cheaper night time electric.

I have attached 2 screen grabs for clarity. I see a few posts with Passthru 'Stuck' but no real solution to the problem. Already powered down and back up, disconnected batteries, disconnected PV and AC, but still stuck.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

ESS
rc.png (35.9 KiB)
pass.png (40.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@neilh63A few questions,

Do you have any external meter connected to the GX? ET112?

Have you recently updated on of the firmware?

Have you checked to make sure all comms cables are fully inserted? Unplugged and plugged back in to confirm.

Are you using DVCC, if so, what are the settings?

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

neilh63 avatar image neilh63 commented ·
No external meter. I loaded the previos Firmware and it did not clear the issue.

Tried the comms cables several times. All BMS data is showing in the Victron with no errors. DVCC is forced on.

Thank you for suggesting these things tp check.

Do you have any further suggestions?

0 Likes 0 ·
mjs500 avatar image mjs500 neilh63 commented ·

Are you using ESS ? in ess how is Grid metering set ? external meter. or inverter/charger, remote CT in place must be set inverter/charger

0 Likes 0 ·
neilh63 avatar image neilh63 mjs500 commented ·
Using ESS, yes. Grid metering is set to Inverter/Charger. I have looked at all the posts and all the settings and can see nothing wrong. I am sure there is something I need to do to reset it...but struggling to find it.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

please take a look at the ess relais. mybe it is not passing the test ?

1704468507918.png

1704468507918.png (59.9 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

neilh63 avatar image neilh63 commented ·
Mine shows exactly the same as your Advanced options apart from I do not have the AC INPUT IGNORED option at all.

Good to see the ESS relay is completed on my system too.

Thankd

0 Likes 0 ·
neilh63 avatar image
neilh63 answered ·

Update - I have solved the problem, really had to understand Peak Shaving and watched this excellent video with live parameter changing to show ESS - SOC etc is best deployed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y8s80J4QYk

The simplest thing I did was to drop the parameter for Input Current Limit to 10A - therefore the Mains L1 is now providing up to 10A, the rest from the batteries until the SOC limit is reached; again all explained in the video. FYI, I had the Input Current Limit set to 32A.

Thanks to all helping with this.

10a.png

10a.png (74.7 KiB)
2 |3000