question

vicky avatar image
vicky asked

Multigrid 48 /3000 & Pylontech US5000 manually charge /discharge

I still have a Multigrid 48/3000 and a Venus left over, sitting in my workshop unused. To give it a new life I thought about buying one or two pylontech US5000 and add this as a kind of "dumb backup on demand" to my home (non Victron -sorry) setup. What I would like to do is to control the battery charging power and AC power supplied to my house, by using Modbus commands.

Would this be possible by simply using "Max Charge Current 2701" and "Max Discharge Current 2704" , or do I miss something fundamental? Intention is to write a little program to set the parameters based on demand/load, but befor doing this I need to know the very basics of controlling the Multigrid if it is NOT an integrated ESS with grid meter and PV inverters..

txs

multigrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
vicky avatar image
vicky answered ·

I thought I might better add a draft schema to illustrate what I intend to do.

Left to the purple line is the as is setup.
On the right I'd like to add the multigrid with Pylontecs and a Venus GX. I already have connected teh Venus to my control unit (ioBroker) which communicates via Modbus. So I can read and write Multigrid registers.

The information I am missing is, if this setup would work. I.e simpliy telling the Multigrid to charge and discharge the Pylontechs based on my rules.

Unfortunately the existing hybrid inverter provides read only, thus no option to enlarge its battery.

txs for giving it a thought

1704985053613.png

1704985053613.png (109.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vicky avatar image
vicky answered ·
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic