question

marco13 avatar image
marco13 asked

Smartsolar switching off several times per day

I have a system with 3 multiplus in 3 phase setup
cerbo GX
3 Pylontech us3000c lithium batteries
2 Smartsolar MPPT Ve.can 250/85

One smartsolar switches off several times per day for about 10 minutes, some days more than others.

The other smartsolar is working fine.

DC grid feed in is enabled.

knipsel.jpg

knipsel1.jpg

There are no errors.

Does anybody have an idea what this could be or how i can see what is switching the smartsolar off?

MPPT SmartSolar
knipsel.jpg (15.3 KiB)
knipsel1.jpg (25.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
marco13 avatar image
marco13 answered ·

Thanks for your reply,

But today i found out that the problem was the remote jumper on the smartsolar.

The wire was not stripped wel from the factory, so it was making bad contact.

This is not what you expect since the smartsolar is mounted on a wall in a building, but apparantly it was making contact sometimes.

After reconnecting the jumper it works all day.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@marco13

You do not have enough battery.

When feed in is enabled, DVCC control is overridden and battery limits are not obeyed (so at this point those batteries are being punished.)

Some troubleshooting steps to do. Switch off the panels to the other MPPT. If this one stops switching off, then it is a current/battery problem.

If it is still a problem and you are able, switch arrays over and rule out config/connection/heat problems.

But it is most likely the first thing I mentioned. The batteries can't take it.

2 |3000