question

chaser avatar image
chaser asked

SHS-200 solar charge controller and power distribution system - Activation code

I have recently purchased an SHS-200 Controller. This is a device that would I guess nomrally be used in a PAYG situation but according to the documentation supposedly the unit can be used without any activation code however I am being prompted for one. I have seen a few other owners with the same issue so I'm hoping there is a one time generic or hardware based unlock code availalble.

from the manual

"7.1. General The SHS 200 is a pay-as-you-go (PAYGo) enabled device. It allows end-users to digitally pay for energy through a pre-paid "rent-to-own" model. 1. The end-user pays energy to their distributors for a definite period of time (e.g. 30 days); 2. An activation token is sent by SMS to the end-user; 3. The end-user enters the activation token on the keypad of the SHS; 4. The SHS is unlocked (active DC outputs) and can be used until time credited is spent. Payments are usually done by mobile money or cash transfer to avoid cash collection and to allow automated processing. A PAYGo software platform enables distributors to generate and send activation tokens according to customer payments.

It is also possible to use the SHS 200 without the PAYGo function. The device is simply active forever and does not require any token to be unlocked."

Cheers

MPPT SmartSolar
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chaser avatar image chaser commented ·
Any updates much appreciated as the unit is useless without the advertised feature and it will be truly great with it working
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Please reach out to the authorized distributor from whom you purchased the unit, as they should be able to look up and provide you with the permanent activation code for the particular unit you purchased (it will be unique to that unit, based on its serial number).

If you don't know your distributor, please open a Support Request, being sure to enter the serial number of the unit, so that the appropriate activation code for that serial number can be found and supplied.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.