question

nachiva avatar image
nachiva asked

No devices showing up in Cerbo GX ve.can device list

Hello,

I am looking for some assistance with the following;

Ultimately I am trying to link my Victron products to my (new) NMEA 2000 Network.

My understanding is once connected properly, the devices on the ve.can network will eventually show on an MFD and NMEA 2000 devices will show within the Victron Network. (With some configuration)

On my Victron network I have a Multiplus, 2 x BMV's, Tank sensors, Temp sensors, Cerbo GX, GX touch 50 display. All have been working correctly and showing correctly on GX Touch and on VRM Portal.

All devices are running the latest firmware.

I currently have a small and simple test NMEA 2000 network. no other NMEA equipment on my NMEA network apart from a MFD (Maretron MFD, powered separately)

From all the research I have carried out to link the NMEA 2000 and Victron devices, the following is what I have setup.

I purchased a Victron ve.can to Micro C NMEA 2000 cable, this cable I plugged into one of my Cerbo GX ve.can ports and connected the other end to my NMEA 2000 network.

I believe I have powered the NMEA 2000 network from the GX device by keeping the ve.can to Micro C NMEA 2000 cable's red wire fuse in place. (I am not currently powering the NMEA network from any other power source).

I have tried this configuration with keeping both of the NMEA 2000 terminators in place and also with only one NMEA 2000 terminator in place and plugging in the blue ve.can terminator into the unused ve.can port on the Cerbo GX.

Within the GX touch 50 Menu - Settings - Services - I believe I have created the correct settings for the ve.can, I attach screenshots here rather than trying to explain in text.

img-4195.jpeg

img-4196.jpeg

img-4197.jpeg

img-4198.jpeg

The outcome

The MFD does not see any devices from my Victron network (ve.can).

I believe the GX touch 50 should list all devices on the ve.can to allow them to be broadcast to the NMEA 2000 network, I do not see any devices in this list.

It suggests to me that the ve.can is somehow not enabled? I have researched this thoroughly and cannot find a similar problem and or solution, so I post it here within the community.

I hope someone may shed some light on the problem I am having.

Thanks very much

cerbo gxVE.CanNMEA 2000 - N2K
img-4195.jpeg (2.2 MiB)
img-4196.jpeg (2.6 MiB)
img-4197.jpeg (3.0 MiB)
img-4198.jpeg (2.3 MiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nachiva avatar image nachiva commented ·

Further to my post I am still actively trying to resolve this.

I am trying to eliminate potential problems, if anyone with a similar working setup/experience on this could help with answering any of the following questions!

Thanks in advance

1) Do you have devices show up in the "VE.CAN Devices screen" if you have the "NMEA2000-out" turned off? (ref: my 3rd & 4th image in post above)

2) Do you have devices show up in the "VE.CAN Devices screen" if there is nothing plugged into the VE.CAN ports on the Cerbo GX? (Empty ports)

3) What voltage does the "VE.CAN to NMEA cable" supply to the NMEA network when the red wire fuse is in place?
(I'm assuming 12v but that's just a best guess from me as NMEA network requires 12V)

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources