question

tazzii avatar image
tazzii asked

Battery voltage readout on SmartSolar charge controller

I have three victron 12V/170Ah AGM Super Cycle batteries running my 240V weekender and my inverter is intermittently turning itself on and of. sometimes in a space of 1 minute and sometimes 10 minutes or so. the Voltage on the smartSolar charge controller is reading 33.19V. would this be right? or any idears why me inverter is dropping in and out, I am in AU and it is very quite hot and lots of sun on the solar panels. Thanks

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Assyuming the batteries are connected in parallel for a 12V f3ed to the inverter.

MPPT will show 2 voltages, panel and battery. What is the battery voltage? What loads of the inverter?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tazzii avatar image
tazzii answered ·

Hi, Thanks for your answer. This is connected to my weekender and I visited again yesterday to find my batteries "dead" all 4 are swollen and a friend has checked them and confirmed they are of no use at all. these were installed in 1 september this year 2023 and now useless. I am new to all of this and wondering if you would know who to contact for a refund. My installer has told me they will be replaced. They are victron AGM batteries

thanks

2 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
From wherever you purchased them from? That would be who you engage for warranty.

They will ask you a bunch of questions though.

Maybe some will be.

What is your system voltage meant to be?

Did you have a battery balancer if it not a 12v system?

We're they charged at the right C rate? And used within operating temperature.

Chargeed to the correct charge voltages? Do you have a BMV in the system?

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
@Tazzii Before you talk to your supplier, it would be a good idea to take screenshots of the mppt's "detailed" history, and the battery settings. Some photos of your installation might be also helpful.
0 Likes 0 ·