question

marekp avatar image
marekp asked

Will I ever be able tu use ESS in Poland legaly?

Since none of the Victron inverters are on the list of certified equipment allowed to be connected to the grid in Poland, I am not able to use ESS here.

I have been asking this question for a year now in no one can answer this question.

I asked this question here, I asked Victron sales rep for my area and all Victron distributors in Poland.

I even asked this question during the "Dynamic ESS" seminar.

No one knows and I thing no one cares.

How is this problem taken care of in other European (EU) countries?

Can you guys tell me how it is in your EU country?

I was under impression that the grid code is the same in all EU countries.

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
daza avatar image
daza answered ·

@MarekP Hi mate not sure if you still consider us EU but the UK operate off of the G99 grid code

7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marekp avatar image marekp commented ·

COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) 2017/1485 of 2 August 2017 sets the grid code regulations for whole EU.

I do not know how UK grid regulations follow EU rules but Polish regulators adopted EU rules based on 2017/1485.

This is why I am surprised that Victron still is not legal in Poland.

0 Likes 0 ·
k-k avatar image k-k marekp commented ·
Nearly each eu-country and europe-country has different rules. Some countries allow 48,5 Hz others 47,5 also different voltages for cut-off and so on.

So, if not allowed in poland, use your device in island-mode with no grid connection and your legal. Maybe you adopt parameters and....

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp k-k commented ·
I understand what you are saing but my question was about ESS.

ESS cannot be used in OFF-grid setups.

Currently our grid code is identical as it is in Germany.

It must be since both systems are interconnected.

Is Victron equipment legal to connect to grid in Germany?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ marekp commented ·

In Germany you need to use the special German grid code to meet the "VDE-AR-N 4105:2018-11" regulation.

There are certificates that declare conformity.

https://www.victronenergy.com/inverters-chargers/multiplus-ii#certificates

1701708961113.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1701708961113.png (48.3 KiB)
marekp avatar image marekp Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

@Matthias Lange - DE

Same in Poland, but this "Special Germany grid code" details are identical in Poland.

Why Victron is legal in Germany and is not legal in Poland?

I suspect that the reason for it is just the size of the market.

If this situation continues the size of the market for Victron in Poland will only get smaller.

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw marekp commented ·

Are there any inverters from other manufacturers that do have such approval in Poland?

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp ejrossouw commented ·

@ejrossouw

This is a very funny thing.

All recent inverters made in China are included on that list. Some of them are not even a year on the market.

Here is the list:

http://www.ptpiree.pl/documents/opracowania/kodeksy_sieci/lista/2023-12-01-wykaz-urzadzen-akceptowanych-po-01.05.2022.pdf

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You’re not going to see an official response here. Rather try get hold of the nearest sales manager.

5 comments
2 |3000

marekp avatar image marekp commented ·

@nickdb

I tried my Victron sales manager many times and I am always getting the same response.

Below are two latest answers from him that are couple months apart.

"The certificate is waited, but indeed the certain data cannot be named, sorry!
Once it will be ready, you will be informed from your distributor!"

"We, Victron are aware of this, the obtaining of the certificate is in the to do list. There is no deadline for completing the task though, check the announcements, and of course the first one who will report it to you will be your Victron distributor."

And distributors in Poland concur:

Distributor #1

"To be honest, there are some problems with these certificates. I know that users are installing Victron-based storages that work with existing (previously reported) on-grid PV installations. All existing certificates for MultiPlus II can be found at this address:"

https://www.victronenergy.pl/inverters-chargers/multiplus-ii#certificates

As you can see he is suggesting to use Victron with the grid illegally.

Distributor #2

"NC RfG certificate is not available yet, it should be available by the end of the year.

At this moment, compliance with EN 50549-2 is confirmed"
https://www.victronenergy.pl/upload/documents/MultiPlus-II-NEN-EN-50549-2-2019.pdf

To be clear this EN 50549-2 document of compliance is useless for the purpose of legally connecting to the grid in Poland.

Below the official answer from the authority.

"The presented document, EN 50549-2, is not a certificate of conformity.
The declaration of conformity is not and does not replace the required certificate of conformity.

The document confirming the compliance of generating equipment with the NC RfG network code will be a certificate of conformity issued by an accredited certification body containing information confirming the product's compliance with:
Commission Regulation (EU) 2016/631 of 14 April 2016 establishing a network code on requirements for the connection of generating units to the network (OJ EU L 112/1 of 27/04/2016).

General Application Requirements resulting from the EU Commission Regulation 2016/631 of April 14, 2016 establishing the network code regarding requirements for connecting generating units to the grid - approved by the Decision of the President of the Energy Regulatory Office DRE.WOSE.7128.550.2.2018.ZJ of January 2 2019."

Also, to play it safe, he did not specify "end of" which year he is referring to. :(

I also asked the local agency responsible for maintaining the list of certified equipment (PTPiREE).

I asked them whether VIctron is in the process of getting their equipment included in that list.

Their response is typical to our administration.

"We do not provide information on who contacts PTPiREE and on what matters. I would like to inform you again that if the name of the device is not included in the list of certified devices, please contact the manufacturer or its official representative."

Cach 22.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ marekp commented ·
The UK certification took a while for many reasons, and there wasn’t any commentary and a lot of frustration. But it got there. Keep the faith, if it was simple I am sure it would have happened already.

Locally we just got certification for new units, but it was probably less complicated than dealing with the EU.

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

@nickdb

The key word is "took". It means that it is done.

In the case of Poland the key words are " it is taking forever and one more day".

I almost lost a friend because I convinced him to invest in Victron and now he has 3 expensive and blue boxes in his garage and Inverter Deye on the wall producing energy from battery when grid is off.

I convinced him to use Victrons as a off-grid setup and wait for their certification to come thru.

0 Likes 0 ·
daza avatar image daza marekp commented ·
It’s done now took most of the year to get it done though, I kept looking on the forum and a member posted it was done I would look of the website that does the approval list
0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp daza commented ·

@Daza

It is taking here close to 2 years now and it is still not done.

I will refrain from suggesting Victron in general and especialy to my friends unless they want to build OFF-grid system.

ESS is not possible here and Dynamic ESS even less because the electricity didtributors are performing inspections of the PV and magazine systems. It is a shame since in the middle of the next year we will have dynamic electricity pricing.

0 Likes 0 ·