question

esampley avatar image
esampley asked

Multiplus 2, ESS, Battery not powering loads at night time

Can someone please point me in the right direction.

I have Muitplus 2 and 30kwh battery Lipo4 bank using CT on mutiplus to offset 500watt load.

During the day when I have excess PV ESS works like it should. Mutiplus back feeds the circuit offset the load just as it should.

When PV goes down ess will not run from the battery and for some odd reason if I reboot the system with no PV the Muitplus will not sync with grid?

it maxes out Mutiplus pulling 3kw goes into overload shuts off my bms. The charger function is disabled never want the gid to charge the battery.

Thanks,

ESS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

esampley avatar image esampley commented ·

Here is screen shot of ESS and DVCC

ess-dvcc.png

0 Likes 0 ·
ess-dvcc.png (166.2 KiB)
4 Answers
mjs500 avatar image
mjs500 answered ·

witch Gx soft ware version ?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

esampley avatar image esampley commented ·

Firmware 3.12 on raspberry pi.

0 Likes 0 ·
mjs500 avatar image
mjs500 answered ·

Is 'Inverter AC output in use' is enabled. as you are missing self consumption from battery option i.e. all system land or only critical

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The system will only feed in when there is PV and the battery is full. No PV, no back feeding, that's how it works.

If you want to back feed from battery you will need to set a 500W negative setpoint in ESS, then it will drain the battery.

You can use node red to do this, or just leave it negative 24/7 and disable feed in.

You also have an inverter limit of 250W set.

2 |3000

mjs500 avatar image
mjs500 answered ·

img-2023-11-22-13-57-59-716.jpg

self consumption from battery option i.e. all system land or only critical

2 |3000