question

rrr avatar image
rrr asked

ESS lost after v507 update

Hi,

I made firmware upgrate v505 to v507 (2623507)

After that ESS installation fails and any ESS settings not visible on cerbo gx.

Error message: “Cannot determine assistant setup because not all assistants are configured yet”.

How can i overcome this problem? VE Flash?

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
rrr avatar image
rrr answered ·

NickDB, thanks for the info above but it didn't lead to a solution.

The problem came from the capacity of the PV panels in the ESS setup that did not comply with factor 1.0 rule.

The compatibility of the ESS with the new software was not a problem. After adjusting the setting, everything was resolved!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Did you restore the configuration? The process and docs explain that the config is wiped and must be restored as part of the procedure.

How did you update it?

2 |3000

rrr avatar image
rrr answered ·

If you mean settings in VE Configure3, then I have restore the configuration.

3 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
What process did you follow to update? It doesn’t sound like it was correct. In any case, only recovery is to veflash and redo the configuration. Is this a parallel system?
0 Likes 0 ·
rrr avatar image rrr nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

- I started firmware update via VRM

- after update continued via VE Configure3 settings of each inverter separately

And this stage the error mentioned above occured on one of the inverter.

I can get the ESS settings for two inverters, but not for one and the cerbo ESS menu is empty…

This is three phase system.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ rrr commented ·

Ah, so it downloads a file which you open and merge with veconfigure, then upload via VRM again. So you definitely didn't follow the right steps. I would re-read the specific steps for the process again to avoid future mistakes.

If you have the file it downloaded you can recover. See:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:remote_ve.bus_firmware_updates#q3merging_fileshow_to_recover_the_old_settings_when_something_went_wrong

If you watch Guy's video on the process, in the link above, I think you will spot where you went wrong.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jannes Peschel avatar image
Jannes Peschel answered ·

I can take a look at your config file of your Multiplus if you like. I have done the update successful just yesterday for my system.

I have sent a request for VRM access.

2 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
@RRR best not to open your system to people whose credentials you don't know.
1 Like 1 ·
rrr avatar image rrr nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Of course :)
0 Likes 0 ·