question

charlie-pank avatar image
charlie-pank asked

MPPT Smart Solar 100/50 switches to disabled

I'm running v.1.61 firmware.

Roughly once every 2 weeks it switches to Settings-->Battery-->ChargerEnabled = OFF all by itself

I can remedy it by switching it back to ON - but it's annoying and shouldn't be happening.

Has anyone else had this and solved it?

MPPT SmartSolar
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @Charlie Pank

Is the MPPT also connected to a GX product (Venus GX, Cerbo GX, etc)?

With kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
charlie-pank answered ·

No, I just use the Bluetooth interface

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @Charlie Pank

Did you also change the BLE pincode of the MPPT? Could it be that somebody else is messing with the installation?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
charlie-pank answered ·

The pin is changed from standard. It is the same pin as the other MPPT (100/30 Smart) in the system. The 100/30 never has the same problem.

2 |3000

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @Charlie Pank

The only thing that I can think of that you can try is to power cycle the MPPT by disconnecting it from PV and battery for a minute and then reconnecting it battery first.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000