question

s4je avatar image
s4je asked

MPPT load to ECOFLOW

Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me why I couldn’t use the load output to charge up my ECOFLOW delta pro using the load output from my Victron smartsolar 100/15 MPPT?

The ECOFLOW is a solar generator, it has a specific input for solar using an xt60 port and has its own MPPT unit built in and this is rated at 15 amps max

I currently have 2x 330w solar panels on my motorhome wired in series which is supplying around 8amps to my 100ah LIFePO4 leisure battery through the MPPT. I would like to take an output from the load on the MPPT and feed the ECOFLOW through the xt60 port as a means to recharge both my leisure battery and the ECOFLOW at the same time using just solar power. I cannot connect the ECOFLOW directly to the leisure battery because when I’m driving, it is charged via a dc-dc charger at a higher than 15 amp rate and when connected to the shoreline it also charges the leisure battery at this rate and the ECOFLOW cannot take more than 15amps!

If this will work, my next question is could I still do it from a higher smart solar MPPT? Such as 100/30 unit?? Will the load output continuously put 30amps out or would my ECOFLOW just take what it needs to recharge??

I ask this because I may rewire my solar in parallel instead so the amp output is higher to my leisure battery from the MPPT.

Thanks

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
iammotorhomeless avatar image
iammotorhomeless answered ·

I don't know why the ECOFLOW is not charging. I would have thought it would have
I only have a small ECOFLOW, and it just takes what it wants... and no more.

As for solar in parallel for more Amps... the watts will still be the same. but higher voltage and lower amps, will give you lower cable losses

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

k-k avatar image
k-k answered ·

Afaik the mppt 100/20 is the last one with switchable load output.

Edit: if you have an old EF River set the charge-mode to cig.lighter e.g. 6A. That could not go wrong. (12/24V)

If you have a laptop-charger say 18 or 21V say 3.25A you might set the River to 4A input. If the charger isn't too bad it works. (It ran vor several weeks just fine for me)

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The load output connects the battery to the load, what voltage is your battery pack?

It has never been recommended to attach an inverter to the load output.

From the manual:

"Some loads, particularly inverters, have a higher current rating or high start-up current rating, exceeding the load output's capacity. These loads should be connected directly to the battery"

If your system is 24V or less, you may be better off connecting it to the car charger port of the ecoflow which iirc is rated to 8A.

2 comments
2 |3000

s4je avatar image s4je commented ·

The ECOFLOW Delta Pro uses the same XT60 port on the back for both car charger and solar charging, so only one can be connected at a time. I would assume that it only charges at 8 amps from car charger because almost all car cigarette sockets are rated at 10 amp max. The delta pro XT60 port will accept 15 amps though. And even though the delta pro is an inverter, The input charge from the MPPT would not be directly powering up the inverter itself, this is done from the delta pro's own battery.

1 Like 1 ·
k-k avatar image k-k s4je commented ·
Just remember: in mppt-mode EF will test the iMax of the input for ramping up/down. In car charge mode there is ramping too - to the fixed amp's, but not so harsh (near short circuit) as in solar mode with finding this way the max amps.

That's on an old River, maybe Delta Pro act different, but i don't think so.

0 Likes 0 ·