question

graham-willsher avatar image
graham-willsher asked

Webinar Dynamic ESS by Johannes Boonstra and Dirk-Jan Faber

Hi,

Having looked at this sort of thnig in the past I know that forecasting and predictive usage of Electricity is very hard to do. Congratulation to you for starting on it. Add into the mix the multitude of different Electricirty tariffs and regulation across the Countries that you operate in this is no mean feat. Well Done :)

Just started working with the Dynamic ESS and have a couple of questions regarding it.

I am based in the UK and use the Octopus Flux tariff like a number of other users on here, so can import cheaper electricity from 02:00- 05:00, and can export electricity at a premium from 16:00- 19:00 daily.

Originally my Multiplus II GX was setup to manually charge the batteries between 02:00 and 05:00 (set within the Multiplus), then use all excess solar produced during the day to top up my batteries (total of 15Kw) before selling any excess to the grid. I would then force discharge my batteries (using Node red) from 16:00 -19:00 (or until I was down to 40% SOC to leave me enough battery power for the rest of the day round to 02:00 the next day) and we start the cycle again.

My questions are two fold:

Do I need to stop the multiplus charging my batteries (will the Dynamic ESS take this over)?

Do I need to stop my node Red code to force discharge of the batteries (will Dynamic ESS take this over as the rate I get paid from exporting between 16:00 - 19:00 is most financially efficient)?

Having watched what is happening (albeit only for 1 day), the Dynamic ESS sent excess solar to the grid when my batteries were not fully charged netting me 0.22 Euros/kWh. As described above I charge my batteries as much as possible during the day so that I can sell as much as possible in the premium export window, netting me 0.37 Euros/kWh. Am I missing something?

Minor issue, the key is displayed twice in the Dynamic Ess /Energy/Energy graph (picture attached)

victron-beta-key-displayed-twice-2023-10-01-163114.png

Any help that you can give me will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Graham.

events
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
graham-willsher avatar image
graham-willsher answered ·

Sorry, please ignore, as I have put this in the incorrect place.

I have now posted in the correct article.

Thanks,

Graham.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic