question

katikatinudist avatar image
katikatinudist asked

Smart Solar 100/50 Date format ?

Hello, When i export the data and open in say excel or google sheets is there a way to change the format of the date as here in New Zealand we use DD/MM/YY but in the spreadsheet it only shows as MM/DD/YY :(

Am i missing something as have been through all the settings in the Victron app and my phone and tablet date is set correctly :)

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Nev avatar image
Nev answered ·

It will depend somewhat on the application reading the data and the way it is manipulated.

Most spreadsheet readers/editors are fully configurable to display the date in any format required.

I just opened an untouched saved file with the first two random apps on my android tablet that can read CSV files.

"CVS Modify" displays dates as - 1/31/23

"Officesuite" displays dates as - 31-Jan-23

Also in NZ.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

katikatinudist avatar image katikatinudist commented ·
Thank you but i have checked in google sheets and my pc and the date settings / format etc is correct, it just wont display as dd/mm/yy grrrrrr
0 Likes 0 ·
katikatinudist avatar image katikatinudist katikatinudist commented ·

here is a screenshot....screenshot-2023-09-14-210507.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
katikatinudist avatar image
katikatinudist answered ·

I uploaded it to office online and it is set to English New Zealand but still shows the date wrong.... bloody thing
will just change the dates myself
freckin American crappy date format lmao

2 comments
2 |3000

Nev avatar image Nev commented ·

I have never used Google Sheets but a Google search finds for example:

- - - - -

To apply a custom date or time format to your spreadsheet:

1. On your computer, open a spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
  2. Highlight the data you want to format.
  3. Click Format. Number.
  4. Click Custom date and time.
  5. Search in the menu text box to select a format. ...
  6. Click Apply.

0 Likes 0 ·
katikatinudist avatar image katikatinudist Nev commented ·
Thanks and yip i googled that and tried it but sadly it did not change the date that was in the cells to how we read it in New Zealand :(
0 Likes 0 ·