question

katikatinudist avatar image
katikatinudist asked

Smartsolar mppt 100/50. Min battery voltage reading 0

Hello. Im from New Zealand and lately like today with loads of sun my battery voltage reads 0.01 as per screenshot.

I have 380W panel

2 100 amp Lithium Batterys

The battery app i have says 1 is at 72% and the other is 75%16937083287475703841161092776410.jpg

MPPT SmartSolar
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

katikatinudist avatar image katikatinudist commented ·

16937084446417259503437283315580.jpg

The picture of the status

0 Likes 0 ·

All settings as default preset for Lithium

0 Likes 0 ·

Isn't the mppt smart solar suppose to power on when solar panel is off and i turned the breaker off and the mppt wont turn on untill i turn the breaker back on ????

screenshot-20230903-153101-xiaoxiangelectric.jpgThis is what each battery is sitting at and still the victron wont charge.

screenshot-20230903-153112-xiaoxiangelectric.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Voltages are fine, but no current.The min voltage comes from when the system was first turned on. Can be ignored.

Looks as if it's seeing the battery as full because battery voltage is 14.2V.

Your battery supplier should have given you voltage setting for charging. Adjust absorption and float voltage to match these.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

But i have not turned this off since i first installed it 31 days ago and it does this out off the blue during the day. Sets the battery voltage to 0 and then no solar come in or the yield just says 0 as you can see.
I selected the correct settings in regards to absorption and float.
Is it a faulty unit?
As the other day even thou the battery was full the daily yield was still increasing ?

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ katikatinudist commented ·
Sorry, ignore my zero volt comments. Mixed it up with something else. Meant to come back and correct, but only got to it now.
0 Likes 0 ·

As you can see a couple of days ago for 2 days was reading 0 volts on the battery ????

screenshot-2023-09-03-193127.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·

This is the 2 batteries I have,

Sorry to bomb bard with all the questions but are you able to provide charging settings etc as I am new to this :(

83fefec4efdb5cacdd9d51c8caf2eb4f.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Check the wiring and fuses between the MPPT and the battery.
0V battery voltage is most likely a a bad connection or blown fuse.

1 comment
2 |3000

Thank you, I was going to pull everything apart and check the wires tomorrow but thought may be a prob with the unit.

Will update when i find anything

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Maybe that BMS disconnects the battery.

2 |3000

katikatinudist avatar image
katikatinudist answered ·

Bms is fine.

Crisis averted it was a fuse ...the resettable switch had worked itself loose from charge controller to the battery.

So time to get different fuses.

Installed a victron shunt while i was checking so more peace of mind on what SOC the batteries are at.

Thank you all.

1 comment
2 |3000

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

Crisis averted it was a fuse ...the resettable switch had worked itself loose from charge controller to the battery.

Since you say you will replace it, replace it with an actual fuse (in a fuse holder).

0 Likes 0 ·