question

Roger avatar image
Roger asked

MPPT 100/30 Dump relä

Hello! I have a Mppt 100/30 Victron Solar Panel regulator, how do you plug it in to get the dump relay to provide 12V to a hot water heater when the batteries are fully charged? A schedule would be good, I'm not sure where to charge 12V.

Regards Roger

MPPT SmartSolar
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
What voltage is your battery bank?

Do you have a BMV or other shunt?

Do you have a GX device?

0 Likes 0 ·
Roger avatar image Roger kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

Hi

I have a lifePo4 Batteri 230Ah and no shunt, and a Victron mppt 100/30 and 400W solar panel.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

You need a BMV, this can be configured to switch a suitable relay using the switching relay in the BMV.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Roger avatar image
Roger answered ·

OK thank's Kevgermany!

But if I connect a BMV and a relay, where do I get + the supply to the heating element. If I take it directly from the solar panels, the voltage is too high, and if I take the voltage after the controller, the controller senses that something needs power and goes into bulk or absorption mode and then also starts charging the battery again?

It's 12V battrybank.

//Roger

2 |3000