question

uguraladag avatar image
uguraladag asked

SOLAR PANELS stopped charging, Do you have a friend to explain to me?

screenshot-2023-08-26-00-37-19-071-comamazonmshopa.jpgwhatsapp-image-2023-08-25-at-233819-1.jpegAt 11:40 UtC in VRM, the voltage and current coming from 2 x 100/30 and 1 x 75/15 mppt chargers decreased to zero even though the sun was at full strength, the POWER OF THE SOLAR PANELS DOWN TO ZERO and it stopped charging, even though the battery soc was 51.1%. Do you have a friend to explain to me?

I noticed that the Victron battery&temperature gauge shows -1 degrees, it really should be 29 degrees, could it be because of this?

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

OK. Now that you added the screenshot, I can explain why the PV panels stopped charging the battery.

It is night time at that location.

But the temperature is reported as -1C. So that might be the cause if it's not charging during the day either.
Try reseting the MPPT:

- disconnect the PV panels

- disconnect MPPT from the battery

- wait 3 minutes

- connect the MPPT to the battery

- connect the PV panels

- check the reported temperature.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

uguraladag avatar image uguraladag commented ·

Thank you very much, this happened around noon anyway, I just added the screenshot. I turned off the system via the main switch on the main bus and waited, turned it on again and saw that the temperature showed 29degrees, the system returned to normal. What I don't understand is how did the Victron Smart battery monitor & temparatüre sensor make such a mistake? If the system was working autonomously, if I were away, the system would have been disabled, how would the system return to normal, I think it is a critical and very very important failure.

-1 Like -1 ·
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Maybe the battery BMS stopped the charge. For instance if a cell got to a too high voltage.

1 comment
2 |3000

uguraladag avatar image uguraladag commented ·

Thank you very much

0 Likes 0 ·