question

daza avatar image
daza asked

EV Charging with Battery and Solar?

Hi guys what I want to do is hide the EV charger from the battery system ie so the Victron can’t see it.

I’ve got my PV wired to AC1Out. If I put the charger MCB/RCBO before the ET112 would the charger still get surplus Solar that is going out to the grid. I’m looking at this way as my energy provider does random cheap tariffs but the car needs to be plugged in and they will turn the charger on and off in that cheap window, what I don’t want is for my storage batteries to charge the car does that make sense?

On a wild note I have two ET112’s one on Solar and One on the Grid all via the GX. Am I able to use the Victron Multiplus2’s direct CT connection so that I can put it around the EV MCB/RCBO and monitor it without having it injecting power to the EV? All I want is to see the reading on the Victron ECO system without Victron trying to balance the EV charger.

Anyone that could confirm the theory of what I propose and if the CT on the Multiplus 2 can work on how I propose to install it?

Thanks in-advance

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) any insight regarding this?

ev and storage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic