question

daza avatar image
daza asked

EV Charger not on sale at Victron

[@ Victron staff] is there an issue with the Victron EV Charger NS as I’m checking one of your distributors and they say it’s not showing on your website to be ordered. I’m in the UK has the item been withdrawn?

ev charger ns
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Craig Chamberlain avatar image Craig Chamberlain commented ·

@Daza I know there are some relatively recent UK specific restrictions on the sale of EV chargers which the Victron device may or may not be compliant with. I'm not 100% up to date on this legislation but I believe it applies to "sales" as opposed to "use".

More details here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/regulations-electric-vehicle-smart-charge-points

1 Like 1 ·
3 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Some bedtime reading for you. The latest UK "Electric Vehicles (Smart Charge Points) Regulations 2021" introduced some very specific requirements ALL new charging stations have to comply with regarding DSR, default setting at the time of installation etc. Furthermore UK sellers are now solely responsible for stating compliance with the regulations for every charging point they sell as well as have to comply with strict record keeping rules. I suspect this may play a part in the product not being available in the UK for the time being.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi, yes, that's the reason, we are working on having our EVCS compliant.
2 Likes 2 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Thank you Lucian. All credit to Craig for bringing it to my attention a while ago after which I raised the points with my account manager.
1 Like 1 ·
Craig Chamberlain avatar image Craig Chamberlain Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks for confirming the situation @Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) , and thanks for working towards UK compliance.

I currently have a Wallbox Pulsar Plus EV charger but would be very interested in an all Victron setup to allow more flexible and advanced integration with my Multiplus-II inverter and MPPTs. Currently I have to manually switch my EV charger on and off when my home batteries are full which isn't ideal.
0 Likes 0 ·
daza avatar image
daza answered ·

Ok so thanks @Craig Chamberlain and @ejrossouw i think I have light reading, but I may just change my mind on this charger

2 |3000

daza avatar image
daza answered ·

Yeah a lot of it is interoperability with the DNO and that your energy can push smart tariffs to the device. Yep gonna look for a different charger and just put the CT in the CU to monitor the grid export so it can catch excess solar.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic