question

123joe avatar image
123joe asked

Multible charger for one battery, possible?

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to charge one battery with two power sources.

in my caravan, I've got a booster to charge my battery from my running car. Now I am thinking about to add a PV-Module with the SmartSolar100/20. Both connected at the same time to the battery.

When I would drive I the sun, the car would charge the battery through the booster and I would get power from the PV-moduls and SmartSolar.

Is this combination possible? Can I combine this two charger?

thanks for your advices,

Chris

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
luphi avatar image
luphi answered ·

yes, that's possible. Make sure to configure the charging algorithm identically.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Marc Heymans avatar image
Marc Heymans answered ·

This will be an excellent way to make sure your battery is maintained. If you want to make it even better, then add a GX device to manage the charging perfectly.

2 |3000

123joe avatar image
123joe answered ·

Thank you for the quick response.

great to hear it's possible.

2 |3000

Bob K avatar image
Bob K answered ·

Yes, I do it. In my trailer, I charge my 400 Ah LiFePO4 battery bank by using the travel trailer's onboard charger and a separate Victron BlueSmart IP67 charger simultaneously. With charging algorithms set properly, both devices read the battery bank voltages properly and respond accordingly.

2 |3000