question

erthyp avatar image
erthyp asked

MPPT Power Limited

Hi,

My installation MP2 48/5000/70 ( v502), MPPT1 100/20 (2 panel) , MPPT 150/60 (9 panel), venux GX (3.00 => update 13/06 for new feature) + Pylontech BMS.

i discover MPPT1 is in MppOperationMode=1 for unkwow reason. The phenomen start in 10 July (during my holidays) and this installation work well from 2 years.

I try to rollback to 2.92 but nothing change

Restart MPPTs, MP2 but this morning with cloudy (less 300W) always the same problem.

With cloudy MPPT2 power = 4,5(4) MPPT1 Power at this time MPPT2 is 400W and MPPT1 is 10W

with battery = 20%

- DVCC maxcharge is 70A

- CCL 130A

it's look like a bug firmware

(dashboard id 77614)

ESS
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt1309 avatar image matt1309 commented ·
Hi @ErthyP

It's an odd one. My first guess was going to be communication to MPPT not working but then you've noted that you can see MPPOperationMode updated to 1, rather than running normally on 2.

Assuming you've tried firmware updates on all devices etc.

I wonder what would happen if you disconnect communication to GX device and setup MPPT 2 as stand alone and monitor in victron connect rather than via gx/vrm. Does it resort back to full power? That would at least confirm it's something to do with integration into GX system.

No issues on the PV side is there? No unusually events happened when you first noticed the behaviour starting?

1 Like 1 ·
erthyp avatar image erthyp matt1309 commented ·

yes MPPTs are with the last fw 1.61 a long time ago.

i have disconnect mppt2(9p) during mppt1(2p) is limited and immediatly return to full.

i forget to say mppt1 is swap between status 1-2

mppmode.jpg

i have check /var/log/vedirect.ttyO4 but not exist old log

In dbus-spy, i find some vedirect error counter to 1 compte ttyO2ttyo4error.jpg

For this moment, after my test with disconnect vedirect cable at 15h40.. i did'nt have yet the problem. we will see tomorow.

0 Likes 0 ·
ttyo4error.jpg (20.8 KiB)
mppmode.jpg (17.4 KiB)
matt1309 avatar image matt1309 erthyp commented ·
Fingers crossed it was just an iffy connection/bug.
0 Likes 0 ·
erthyp avatar image erthyp matt1309 commented ·

Again... but this time i made test with victronconnect.

When MPPT is just connect to the battey, battery voltage indicate 54V but real valure is was 50.

it's feel RMA process for this MPPT.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers