The right solar controller

Hey guys,
I have the following 6 year old second hand panels
voc: 36.9
isc: 8.67
vmpp: 29.6
Impp: 8.11
I live in a tropical climate, the temp will never be below 20c

I plan to install 4 of them in a 2x2 config.
- First question, will a Bluesolar 100|50 work? Am i missing something?
- My second question, I plan to install 4 panels but have another 4 spare, if I was to install more of them in parallel. like say... 2x4 for example, would this controller still work? the voltage should not exceed 100 volts so yes? If the panels are capable of producing more watts than the controller can handle it will just cap it right? I realize it wont increase my charge current but I will help during early morning hours and late afternoon, right?, does this become unsafe for the controller?

Appreciate any help, cheers

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Marc Heymans avatar image
Marc Heymans answered ·

You are correct with all your assumptions about the panel configuration and performance. As long as you keep the VOC below 100 Volts, you are good to go

Good luck!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mjs500 avatar image
mjs500 answered ·

panel wattage each ? (240w) i gest next battery voltage are you working with now having look at your past post 12V as your mulil plus is 12v volts setup

2 |3000