question

cas avatar image
cas asked

MPPT 150/100 not going to float setting

My batteries are full and SOC has reset on the smartshunt but my MPPT is still in absorb and does not go to float. I noticed that the battery current reading is about twice as high on the MPPT as the smartshunt. I suspect the MPPT is not meeting the tail current spec to go into float because of this. Why would the readings be so different and how can it be fixed

Pics were a few seconds apart but normally the battery voltage is exact on both.

img-1419.jpeg

img-1418.png

MPPT SmartSolar
img-1419.jpeg (2.7 MiB)
img-1418.png (257.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

I noticed that the battery current reading is about twice as high on the MPPT as the smartshunt.

That's because you also have loads (DC loads and the inverter/AC loads).

Most likelly your SmartShunt settings are wrong.

Also, with a GX device, do not use VE.Smart Networking.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cas avatar image cas commented ·
Thanks, turned off VE.smart network and readings seem to be better but sun and loads have changed. Will see tomorrow, maybe it was getting false info from it.
0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ cas commented ·
@cas

DVCC is actually the key to doing this. Turn on the SCS (Shared Current Sense), and the mppt will use the shunt current to terminate Absorb rather than it's own.

1 Like 1 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 cas commented ·
Make sure that SmartShunt is set as the "Battery Monitoring" device in Cerbo.

Also look into DVCC (check Cerbo manual for details).

If you do not have DC loads, turn of the "Has DC system" from Cerbo.

0 Likes 0 ·