question

peter-rexer avatar image
peter-rexer asked

Smart Solar MPPT not showing up on VRM

I have a system with a CerboGX, SmartShunt, Multiplus 24/3000, and a temperature sensor. I just added a SmartSolar MPPT charger, connected it to the BT Network, and it found the temperature sensor and the SmartShunt, but it's data isn't coming back on the VRM Portal.

Is there some extra step I need to do on the CerboGX to transmit the data?

If it's related at all. I changed the BT pairing codes on all my devices (I think)... and I also don't get data into VRM from my "SmartShunt" without the VE Direct Cable.... which feels like the same bug to me. BT just isn't transmitting data to the CerboGX, which then doesn't transmit the data to the web for VRM.

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

f it's related at all. I changed the BT pairing codes on all my devices (I think)... and I also don't get data into VRM from my "SmartShunt" without the VE Direct Cable.... which feels like the same bug to me. BT just isn't transmitting data to the CerboGX, which then doesn't transmit the data to the web for VRM.

Read the manuals.

I just added a SmartSolar MPPT charger, connected it to the BT Network

You need to connect the SmartSolar and SmartShunt to Cerbo GX with a VE.Direct cable (one for each).

Multiplus should be connected to Cerbo with a LAN/UTP/RJ45 cable (VE.Bus ports).

When you have a GX device (Cerbo GX in your case), do not use VE.Smart Networking.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

peter-rexer avatar image peter-rexer commented ·
Thanks. I have the Multiplus connected via RJ45 cable to the Cerbo, and the SmartShunt connected via VE.Direct cable. I was just hoping to avoid running another VE.Direct cable. The hardware for each of the devices to do that communication over BT is there, I was just hoping that the software supported them connecting. If it doesn't, then it doesn't, and I'll have to buy the cable. And then run it behind a bunch of panels I was hoping to avoid disassembling...

In some ways this makes me wonder what the BT is there for, other than letting me connect from my phone to setup the SmartShunt and SmartSolar's settings, many of which seem to only be available on the VictronDirect app. Some of the settings are available via VRM, but not all of them (like setting the SmartSolar to know I have LiFePo4 batteries).

I do love it when all the Victron stuff works together, I just wish some of the features that seem like they should work (changing settings over VRM, networking all the devices over BT, being able to fully configure on a Mac) would work as well as the other features (like charge/discharge)

0 Likes 0 ·