question

heggink avatar image
heggink asked

ESS schedule vs self control

Like many others, I am looking to implement control over my 3 multiplus II inverters (with 45KWh battery), based on energy current (dynamic) prices.

Essentially, my battery has enough capacity to charge and discharge during a 3 hour window. That should allow me to fully charge during high rates and largely discharge up to a defined minimum SOC so I can survive the morning price peak on the battery (I quite know my regular consumption) until the next low price charge cycle again.

By the looks of it, the easiest way to do that would be to set the ESS schedule on a daily basis and do that through either dbus or node red (need to trigger it externally). It would safe a lot of hassle building my own control loop.

I did look at the dynamic ess node red implementation but it seems way too complex for what I need.

Any thoughts or practical experiences?

Cheers, Herman

ESSscheduled charge
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
heggink avatar image
heggink answered ·

ESS schedule apparently only allows charge, not discharge?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic