question

Juraj Nikolov avatar image
Juraj Nikolov asked

ESS two instalation one works fine one not

Hi,

Why in one instalation i have Multi managed from external control and another with bulk ?

during installation 2, it doesn't matter how the charger is set on the inverter, whether it should stop charging at 30% or 95% ... the inverter was replaced and it has no effect ... what a magic :D

istalation #1

1690271640107.png

istalation #2

1690271673063.png

1690271917155.png

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Juraj Nikolov

Same firmware, same batteries? Same programming? Same firmware on the batteries?

It would seem on the bulk one the Pylontec is not the controlling bms.

You could check that in settings. If it is not that then swap the master battery.

In short the problem is because the battery has not taken control you need to find the source of the break on communication. There is a difference between the systems you need to find it as the installer.

7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
I have said this because there is a smart shunt in the second system. And they both do SOC. So a conflict.
0 Likes 0 ·
Juraj Nikolov avatar image Juraj Nikolov Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Alexandra

It's not 100% the same.
The batteries are U3000C only in one installation there are 2 pcs and in the other 4 pcs.
Mppt is in one installation 1 pc 250/100 in the other 3 pc 150/45.
venus is 3.0 in one and 3.18 in the other (wase the same thing from 2.96 to 3.18)
As for the smartShunt, it's just like a different gauge, the measurement is set from pylontech, I tried disconnecting the smartshunt and it working exactly the same, so it doesn't affect whether it's connected or not, so at least I didn't notice it.
As for the battery firmware, I have to make a converter so that I can plug it in via RS485 and compare it.

And another difference is that the multi with ex.control does not have the upgraded MK3.

But I upgraded it gradually, with the vision that it will start working after the upgrades :) ... hmm not :)
I will try to reinstall it in GX OS, that is another option, maybe it will help, maybe not, who knows...
That one installation is behaving very strangely...

1690292138780.png

1690292177200.png

This is only for vysibility not for measuring.

1690292656939.png

And Ve.config is the same ... :)

0 Likes 0 ·
1690292138780.png (31.0 KiB)
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Juraj Nikolov commented ·

All firmware should be updated to the latest on all components. Mk3s all updated, the works.

It is what really should be done when installing and commissioning a system.

It is an ecosystem.

0 Likes 0 ·

@Alexandra

I reset GX to default again
https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Venus_GX/en/reset-to-factory-defaults-procedure.html

I upgraded it to 3.10~20, I didn't upgrade MK3 this time. I wait some time and then upgrade the MK3. Now both installation doesn't have upgraded MK3 :P One is managed by BMS, another one not :)
It's interesting that was overwrite units ID of the MPPT, but they stayed configured :o hmm OK :)
According to the history of the logs, I should have received a log "low voltage alarm" and it hasn't arrived until yet... so maybe there has been some progress in that ecosystem :P
We'll see when the sun comes out what the Mppt regulators will say, maybe: hello err#67 is back :)
In any case, Multiplus still lights up in BULK mode, and it is not managed by BMS (externaly) :D insane :D
and .. I physicaly disconected ET340 and SmartShunt, but I was dont try to get GX in to factory default and disconect this two elements and upgrate to latest release GX (as common steps)
Better, step by step, as nothing :D

0 Likes 0 ·

No low battery voltage, no error #67, nothing done with the wiring yet :) like i said it's a software bug, looks like a bug in GX :)

But my Multi still works in BULK mode :D

It is interesting that VRM shows it well.

1690364975257.png

1690364992905.png

1690365029152.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1690364975257.png (34.8 KiB)
1690364992905.png (52.6 KiB)
1690365029152.png (132.6 KiB)
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Juraj Nikolov commented ·
So possibly a slightly corrupted update.

Since now you have the same firmware version and it works.

You still have not updated the mk3 which is important for control of the ve bus device.

You can't say it is a bug if it is not being done right.

0 Likes 0 ·

I don't have the same firmware :)

On one where is external control, the firmware is 3.1, on the bulk version is firmware 3.10~20 :)

I will also try the upgrade on MK3, but first I will at least enjoy a day without alarms :D

Why couldn't I claim that it is there a bug?

When classic updates don't work and don't fix the problem, how can I call it, if not a bug :P

0 Likes 0 ·