question

talitha avatar image
talitha asked

RPI with grafana

Hi all

can anyone tell me why i can only see one set of data from one of three BMV702's on influx.

for example:

/Dc/0/Voltage               <- V DC
/Dc/0/Current               <- A DC positive when charged, negative when discharged
/Dc/0/Power                 <- W positive when charged, negative when discharged
/Dc/0/Temperature           <- °C Battery temperature (BMV-702 configured to read
                               temperature only)
/Dc/0/MidVoltage            <- V DC Mid voltage (BMV-702 configured to read midpoint
                               voltage only)
/Dc/0/MidVoltageDeviation   <- Percentage deviation

/Dc/1/Voltage               <- V DC - Starter voltage (BMV-702 configured to read starter
                               battery voltage only)

/ConsumedAmphours           <- Ah (BMV, Lynx BMS).
/Soc                        <- 0 to 100 % (BMV, BYD, Lynx BMS)
/TimeToGo      

this is all i'm getting from influx.. its unclear which BMV its showing.

all three are visible on the 192.168.xx.xx/app page.

mqtt is on.. 3 units on an rpi running victron.. another local rpi with influx & grafana

any help gratefully received

grafana
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
@TALITHA

Moved to modifications.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @TALITHA

How is the data being added to influxDB. In MQTT I imagine you would distinguish between BMV's via an ID which is maybe what's missing

For example the MQTT topic would be of the form:

N/{VRM ID}/battery/{Device ID}/DC/0/Voltage to see to the voltage.

Where {VRM ID} is your VRM ID and {Device ID} is the ID of each BMV which will be whatever device ID they have in VRM devices page. The device ID is the part I think will be used to differentiate between the 3 devices you have.

It sounds like however you're getting the data into influx that it's only getting the one ID rather than the three of them.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

talitha avatar image
talitha answered ·

Hi.. thanks for your response.. yes as far as i can tell the mqtt prefix is the unit number and only one set of data is provided.. eg N/b827eb3843a0/battery/288/Dc/1/Voltage

there appears to be no device ID

i'm getting max 15 values..

2 |3000

matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

The 288, is the device ID (sorry i may be using the wrong terms, unit ID is maybe better?). If you look in devices on VRM do you see all three BMVs?

If you tweak the topic you should see different data for the other BMVs you mention

2 |3000