simple-simon asked

Smart Solar 75/15 Connection Problem

img-0240.png
img-0240.png

img-0238.png

img-0236.png

Morning all,

First post,

I’m having an issue with a smartsolar 75/15, when trying to connect to it with an iPad the Bluetooth connection is very unstable. It either gets stuck on the fetching data cycle or if it connects it drops out almost immediately. This only happens on my ipad and not on a iPhone. I also have a 75/10 and this unit doesn’t have any of the problems at all. To me it looks like a software issue rather than a hardware problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MPPT SmartSolar
img-0240.png (734.1 KiB)
img-0240.png (734.1 KiB)
img-0238.png (948.0 KiB)
img-0236.png (267.0 KiB)
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @simple_simon

Can you please make a service report after trying to connect and attach that here in a comment? The procedure for a service report can be found here: https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_How-to-create-a-VictronConnect-Service-Report

Kind regards,

Thiemo van

1 Like 1 ·
simple-simon avatar image simple-simon Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·
Thank you for the quick reply, I have added the report as requested.
0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @simple_simon

Can you perhaps also make a service report directly after force closing VictronConnect (double press start button and swipe the VictronConnect miniature up) and starting VictronConnect again and then post that service report here in a comment?

It slipped my mind, but we already fixed a problem with a certain 2016 iPad Pro version (A1674). This required a workaround specifically for this iPad type, based on the type name that iOS reports to VictronConnect. So when your iPad reports a different name, the workaround will not applied. We log the reported name when VictronConnect starts, but because of the large number of connects that you already performed, the service report did not contain that name anymore.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
simple-simon avatar image simple-simon Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·

As requested, my iPad model number is A1673. It is the A1673 without cellular access.

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
simple-simon avatar image
simple-simon answered ·

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @simple_simon

What is the version of VictronConnect that you are using and what type of iPad are you using it on?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

1 Like 1 ·
Hi,

have you managed to have a look at this?

thanks in advance

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ simple-simon commented ·

Hi @simple_simon

I did take a look at the service report and tried to reproduce the problem, but was unable to do so. I was wondering whether you also tried to power cycle the MPPT by disconnecting PV and battery for a minute and then reconnect them, battery first.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
Hi there,

That has been done multiple times without any luck, seems it i an issue with the 75/15. The 75/10 I have works faultlessly.

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ simple-simon commented ·

Hi @simple_simon

So you perhaps have a second phone and/or tablet to try to connect to the SmartSolar 75/15? Does that work ok most of the times or does this one also given problems?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
Works fine, no problems at all.
0 Likes 0 ·
simple-simon answered ·

Just one more thing to add, I also have a 75/10 and both devices work without any issues when connecting to it.

2 |3000

simple-simon answered ·

img-0241.png

iPad Pro 2016.

img-0241.png (202.9 KiB)
2 |3000

simple-simon answered ·

As the unit was only purchased last year would it be possible to return the unit for replacement under the 5 yr warranty?

2 |3000

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @simple_simon

So it seems that the name is indeed just a bit different and perhaps your iPad version also needs the same fix. We will include this in the next VictronConnect beta, which should be released soon. You can find a description on how to get the beta version on https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:beta, once the beta has been released.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000