question

tg1 avatar image
tg1 asked

Multi RS Solar 48/6000/100 - Charge only mode?

I have a Multi RS Solar 48/6000/100 with the 450/80 MPPT. I'd like to be able to turn off the inverter and only enable AC in & PV battery charging. Is this something that is possible using an input or CAN coms via a GX device? Or is the only way to shutdown the inverter and allow charging by low voltage/SOC?

I've been able to test the remote input so far, this turns the unit off completely and at least doesn't allow AC in charging. Will the mppt still function with the remote input disconnected?

Happy to hear any suggestions. Thankyou in advance.

MPPT SmartSolarMulti RS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@TG1

On the GX the inverter can be software switched. On off charger inverter only...

In Victron Connect you also have a software switch

screenshot-20230623-130948.jpg

The remote on off is to totally disconnect charge and discharge and can be used by some BMS for charge control, it depends on how you wire it.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tg1 avatar image tg1 commented ·

@Alexandra

Thanks for the comment. Maybe I could use Venus os large for some extra control.

0 Likes 0 ·