question

peachumz avatar image
peachumz asked

Smart Solar MPPT 100/30 + 2x150W in series only - showing no amps or watts

Hi, I’m doing my first van build with a HiAce and this is my first post.

This may be a stupid question but should the MPPT be showing Amps and Watts as well as Volts if there are only solar panels connected and nothing else? I just cannot find a definitive answer anywhere!

I tested each of the panels separately and they showed 19 volts and 8.5 amps. I then wired them in series and connected up to the MPPT thinking I was going to see 38 volts, 8.5 amps, and 300 watts, and then happily move on to the rest of the electrics.

As amps is flow then I guess it’s because there isn’t any flow, but I’d rather know before I hook up everything else and cause a bigger issue.

Other info is that Bluetooth connects just fine and I’ve updated to the latest. Also only the Float led us lit if that helps.

Thanks

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ingo21 avatar image
ingo21 answered ·

'if there are only solar panels connected and nothing else?'

you need to connect the battery too.....

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Out of curiosity did you read the manual? It specifically says to connect the battery first

The mopt will produce amps when there is a load connected. Load meaning a batery that needs to charge.

0 Likes 0 ·
peachumz avatar image
peachumz answered ·

I did read the manual, but its information overload at the moment so I must have missed or misread that. I appreciate the help anyway.

2 |3000