question

lionel92500 avatar image
lionel92500 asked

Mppt not charging

Situation

I am the Happy owner of a rec BMS. The installation is 2years old and has worked fine so far.

The installation is made of winston cells 700ah, two victon mppt (smart solar 150/60 and smart solar 100/50) and five Canadian solar panel 350w 2 for one mppt and 3 for the other one. A victron cerbo and a quattro.

All the devices are managed by the rec BMS (can).

The issue.

Since this morning, solar panel are not charging the battery although it is sunny

The Mppt give the following info

Pv 39,9v 0A 1W

Battery 13,5v 0,1A

More or less the same on each mppt.

I have rebooted the system without any change.

Analyse.

No errors on any device

As I can read the voltage of the battery and of the solar panel on the two mppt I am assuming that the connections are good. Could the issue come from the BMS sending wrong info to the mppt ?

Any ideas on where the issue could come from and how to confirm it (list of check)

I am also searching for a "plan b". i.e Removing the CAN connection so that charging from the Mppt is only based on battery voltage.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.