question

batti avatar image
batti asked

Smart Solar MPPT doesn't work well, no "Data Load" possible

Description of failure: The device Smart Solar works fine with All components for 2 weeks, but now the following problem:

BT Connection of VictronConnect App and SmartSolar MPPT 75/15 seems to be fine. But,

1. In the overwiew, it seems, there will shown since some days every time the same and old values for this device

2. After touching the device on the smartphone, after ca. 95% of message "Load Data" the dialogue starts new from 0% (loop, never ending).

What can be the Problem? Need help, thanks Martin

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
batti avatar image
batti answered ·

Additional picture of what happens after 95%screenshot-20230607-150928.jpg

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

batti avatar image
batti answered ·

After this, the app try to start new with loading 0% and so on (loop)

2 |3000

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @Batti

Can you try to power cycle the MPPT by disconnecting the PV and the battery for a minute and then first only reconnect the battery?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

batti avatar image
batti answered ·

Yes, I did it. Now, everything works fine again. FYI, firmware is 1.61.

What should I do, if this happens possibly next days again? While my vacation in three weeks, its not really funny to demount the frontplate of board/wardrobe in our camper for disconnecting the batterie power every some days if the failure will happens?

Kind Regards, Martin

2 |3000