question

warick-wrx avatar image
warick-wrx asked

Adding ESS assitant and BMS settings

Just a question regarding the loading of assistants and existing system settings. My current battery is listed in the device list console with its releavant charging settings. I assume these setting where populated when connecting to it via the BMS using comms cable ( Pylontech UP5000). When I export the .rvcs file the battery setting parameters are diffrent under the charger tab.

I would like to know if these parameters are over rulled by the connected batteries bms settings , secondly if I only load the ESS assitant and download the .rcvs file will the existing battery charger settings via the BMS still be used.

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Vihann avatar image
Vihann answered ·

One cannot just rely on the BMS to run the system, the voltages are different because the system might no be programmed accordingly to the manual. When communication fails the system will fall back to the inverter settings and damage the battery seeing that it might be configured wrong. The BMS controls the system when configured correctly with DVVC witch is probably forced on. Attached is the manual to assist with confirming the setup is correct https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

warick-wrx avatar image
warick-wrx answered ·

Correct the DVVC is forced on. From what you are saying one should also configure the battery parameters as a back up, but still leave DVVC on. Then add ESS assistant

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@warick-wrx

Follow the document @Vihann linked. It gives step by step instructions. Including the ESS setup.

Adding the GX device and connection of the battery etc to it allows the GX to control things to the batteries requests. which is why the system will work without maming any other eettings. DVCC is forced on by the battery BMS in the newer firmware. And yes the 51v and 52v are over ridden by the battery as it needs.

You do still need the manual stand alone settings there in case for some reason comms does not work correctly.

1 Like 1 ·