question

k0s avatar image
k0s asked

Read out MPPT or Ve Smart Network State/Mode for Grafana

I wonder how to read out the VE.SmartNetwork state for the devices like the MPPT, Shunt and so on... for Grafana.

All i got is : No Data when querying: 
SELECT last("value") FROM "solarcharger/NetworkMode" WHERE ("instanceNumber" = '289') AND $timeFilter GROUP BY time($__interval) fill(previous)

Doesnt matter if i use an explicit instance or based on the whole name. Or even when using the "solarcharger/NetworkState"

Thanks for your help :)
grafana
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

I'm not familiar with how you would go about this via Smart Network.

I imagine you've already looked into but I'll say just in case. An easy work around if you have one could be adding a raspi running venus os.

Atm they're painfully pricey but would make solution much easier getting the data via MQTT/modbus and forwarding to grafana or using GitHub - victronenergy/venus-docker-grafana

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

k0s avatar image k0s commented ·

Oh Thanks,

i am running Venus OS actually. but there are no entries or datapoints in VE.SmartNetwork.. even though "State" and "Mode" exist..

i just wonder if its generally not filled with data due to a bug or lack or whatever -.-

Thanks anyway
regards

0 Likes 0 ·
matt1309 avatar image matt1309 k0s commented ·
What is the exact data you're looking for. I'll check my system see if I can see anything.

Do you have a preference of how you get the data in venus os? I can check MQTT, modbus or Node-red let me know which data you're after and if you've got a preference of which communication type in Venus os and I'll see if I've got anything.
0 Likes 0 ·