question

multivictor avatar image
multivictor asked

Issue with ESS setting on VRM/Multiplus 2

Hello,

Since two days (after the "VRM Portal performance issues") the setting in my ESS is (without my intervention) changed from "Optimized without Batterylife" tot "Externel control". I cannot change this setting anymore in the control menu.

Edit: I can change the settings in the control menu but on the VRM portal screens it always show "Externel control". Before the problem (?) occured "Externel control" was not shown in the VRM portal but "Bulk", "Absorption",......

Is this a tempory problem and due to the VRM Portal performance issues or a individual problem of my installation?

Screenshot of the situation:

screenshot-20230524-084832-vrm.jpg

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

this will be because some fw has been updated on the cerbo I would think as you may have this set to auto update. also I would check that the inverters fw is on 502 if no then maybe update it.

Victron does not change settings, but a FW change may display things diferantly

external control means that the batteries BMS is looking after the charge profile as per the setting in the BMS

Well that would be my guess

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The vrm event log should also register any changes made.

2 |3000

multivictor avatar image
multivictor answered ·

Thx for the comments.

No auto update for the firmware/cerbo GX (is set to manual)

Nothing mentioned in the log.

Apparently the problem has already solved itself.

screenshot-20230524-201031-vrm.jpg

edit: to early happy :-).

This morning the same problem occured again.

1 comment
2 |3000

sharpener avatar image sharpener commented ·
As I remember there has been a long-standing inconsistency in operating state as between the front panel and VRM when using ESS, I have just learned to ignore it as it does not seem to signify any deeper problem.
0 Likes 0 ·