question

cosecha avatar image
cosecha asked

Adding Master Disconnect and Shunt on right side of Lynx Distributor

Is there any reason why I couldn't or shouldn't assemble my Lynx Distributor with the master disconnect and shut on the right side of the unit, connected with copper bars?

The reason is for my setup it would be ideal to have the switch on the right side of where the fused circuit wires exit the Lynx. img-8652.jpg

SmartShuntmodificationslynx distributor
img-8652.jpg (4.9 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

No reason at all. The only criteria is that there are no switches or fuses in the negative connection between all equipment that use non isolated communications i.e. VE-bus, VE-can.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Stress on all the components especially where there is vibration would be a concern. You'd be OK of the shunt and switch were mounted securely to the same surface as the Lynx but not if they are just hanging in the air as your picture shows.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Lynx Distributor product page

Lynx Power In product page

Lynx Shunt VE.Can product page

Lynx Smart BMS product page

SmartShunt Product Page

SmartShunt Installation Manual

SmartShunt Quick Installation Guide

SmartShunt Datasheet

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.