question

sylvaind avatar image
sylvaind asked

wind turbine testing

I have a Vevor 400w and i connected to a smart 75/10 solarcharger .

the setup im trying is this...

1 rectifier 3 phase ac to 12 vdc

2 a step up 12vdc to 24vdc

3 and the smart controller

4 2x 265/wh lipo4 battery (they sit at 13.06v)

im managed to produced 14W! in the night the charger see the input at 23v

if its working i plan to use the load output to heat some water

i will let you know my finding if i can generate something interestings

Hydro and Wind Powerwind
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

@sylvaind

a step up 12vdc to 24vdc

Why do you use this?

It is waist of money.

Did you ever tried to run the windmill without any load and measured the Zero-Load Voltage?

The Vevor 400 can go high as 120V without any load and if your batteries are full, the MPPT shutdown and the input voltage at the Boost-Inverter rise and burn it.

Better is to be sure, with the Zero-Load voltage of the windmill, which can be tested using a 230V drilling machine with at least 800W.

If you have the voltage, use an Electrolyte Kapacitor of at least the Zero-Load Voltage and 4700yF and connect it to the PV input of an appropriated MPPT Charger with 100V or 150V.

Use the VE.Direct Bluetooth dongle to setup the relais so if the charger is in Absorption (NOT REACHING THE ABSORBTION VOLTAGE) to switch on the Heating element.

However, you should know, that water can store 1,15W/K/l and if you want to heat up something use 1,25W.

If your boiler has 5l and the water is cold, e.G. 15°C and you want to heat it up to 55°C, then you need

1,25W/K/l x (55°C-15°C) x 5l = 250Wh

If you have gotten with your setup 14W (or 14Wh?) then it will take quiet a while to get 5l hot.

Better use 3 small Solarpanels with 40W on series with your charger, the you get your boiler every day hot and it is cheaper!

Have a nice evening

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sylvaind avatar image
sylvaind answered ·

thank for the reply. i am pretty new to windtrubine world. i wll test test zero load voltage as you mentionned tought, using the victron and the load output with specific parameter would may be suit my need.

for the voltage the as you mentionned before does the rectifier address the issue ?

the dc doesn'T get a constant 12v?

this is why i used a rectifier in the first place.

then uped to 24volt so there is a difference between the battery bank readout (+5v)

and if the battery bank get high as 14v i would open the load output to the water element .

btw the windturbine is complimentary of solar panels....

2 |3000

Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

for the voltage the as you mentionned before does the rectifier address the issue ?

After the rectifier, but put a high voltage Electrolyte condensator there. A small 220yF 450V should be OK and the measure the Voltage in DC.

You do not need th Booster, because the small windmills are "soft" and have mostly a very high Zero-Load voltage, which allow you to break the windmills by short circuiting the three phases.

Hence the MPPT should find the Maximum Power Point of the Windmill itself.

I do not find any specs from Vevor, but the MPP of the Windmill should be around 12,6-13.2V.

My 700W/24V iSta-Breeze has it at 26,2V for example and the i2000/48V has 52,4V.

However, if you have a storm, your windmill will run as hell and overspin, leading to major damages.

Maybe you can use the relais to programm it to switch on, if the MPPT goes into FLOAT, but this will not help, if the windmill start spinning at night, because the MPPT shutdown.

2 |3000

sylvaind avatar image
sylvaind answered ·

After the rectifier, but put a high voltage Electrolyte condensator there. A small 220yF 450V should be OK and the measure the Voltage in DC.

i think that the rectifier address this since its high voltage....

before adding the booster the charging was not starting. may be because of low wind speed

this morning with 30km wind speed and 40 gust i managed to get 165watt peak

and the battery bank seem to recharge as well it was 13.06

and one hour later 13.10

i have two 250 w/h battery running 12v total 5kw bank

i will as you mentionned put an intelligent braking system with home assistant if wind get over 60 km . thank you so much for the input !!!

2 |3000

vladimir-1 avatar image
vladimir-1 answered ·

Zdravím všechny, jsem tu nový geezer a snažím se integrovat VEVOR do VRM. Markus tu byl jednou na toto téma, má nějaký prototyp řadiče, ale nereaguje na dotaz. Navrhuji začít obecnější vlákno: Integrace větrné turbíny do systému Victron. Ale nemůžu. Nebral by to někdo? Zdá se, že Victron se o tuto problematiku příliš nezajímá. Rád bych znal názor manažera Stewarta.Díky

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic