question

rockellp avatar image
rockellp asked

Self Installed Multiplus-II with Pylontech Batteries Help needed getting ESS Assistant Running

Hi all,

I have a self installed Multiplus-II with Pylontech batteries which I've tried setting up with the ESS Assistant via VEConfig, following these instructions: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom#dokuwiki__top, but when I go to the Crebo GX, it shows 'No ESS Assistant Found', no matter what I try.

I have micro inverters connected to the AC-Out1, so no external sensor is required, according to the documentation.

I'm finding it impossible to find anyone local to do the final configuration, so the question is, is there anyone on here that could do it please?

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Did you run the assistant in veconfig and set all the parameters? It's not enough to simply add the assistant to the config, you need to make sure you run the assistant clear through the entire setup process. Also after pushing the updated config to the multi, close veconfig and then open it again and download the config from the multi and verify that the ESS assistant was actually installed. Others have had problems getting assistants to "stick".

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Did you send all settings to the inverter after making the settings?

With VE Config it is not live updating.

0 Likes 0 ·
rockellp avatar image rockellp Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Yes, I started the assistant in VE Config and went through all the settings, after which I sent the full load to the Multi (using the cable from the Cerbo), once the Multi had restarted, VE Config re-downloaded everything as expected.
0 Likes 0 ·
rockellp avatar image
rockellp answered ·

This has now been solved, it turned out that the Ve Bus cable to the Cerbo GX was in the wrong socket. Thanks anyway.

2 |3000