question

johnone avatar image
johnone Suspended asked

ESS scheduled charge UTC / BST issue

I have an ESS scheduled charge to suit an 'Economy 7' off-peak tariff with a meter which 'know about' BST - i.e the E7 period is 1:00-8:00am year-round. The ESS Schedule is 'Every day 01:00 (7h 0m or xx%), and has been running fine for months. Various house loads switch on at 1.00am, and battery charging begins.

But, VRM->Advanced graphs such as 'System - Grid' and 'System - Battery SOC' show the schedule starting at 2:00am the last couple of days (obvs, also 2:00 last Sunday too given clocks changed then). VRM correctly shows 'Local time' as BST.

'System - AC Consumption' graph shows house loads (controlled by RPi, which also 'knows about' BST, and has been running for years) correctly switching on at 1:00am. But, 'System - Grid' showing charging spike and house loads starting at 2:00am. Battery SOC well below target SOC at 1:00, e.g. 30-35% SOC with a scheduled target of 59% (set via MQTT).

Graphs for last week, i.e. before BST time change, show grid consumption and charge starting correctly at 1:00am. All looks fine in remote console 'Settings->Data & Time' (i.e. local 1 hour ahead of UTC, Timezone set to GMT Standard Time). Maybe best to ignore that 'local time' and 'Time zone' don't really match - given BST isn't the same as GMT! It's a new installation with Cerbo FW 2.92

First time for me with a 'BST time change on ESS' - is there something I need to do?

EDIT forgot to say - the schedule correctly ends at 8:00am, the problem is that it starts an hour late. Screen shot of 'System Grid' graph showing ESS wrongly changing to grid consumption at 2.00am and correctly reverting to battery at 8:00am

Looks to me like the background script is looking at a UTC/GMT start time, but is able to count duration from BST??

screenshot-2023-03-28-103714.jpg

ESSscheduled charge
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic