question

odnacon avatar image
odnacon asked

Is this a normal ESS behaviour

Calling out to the collective brain trust on this forum, hoping to get some glimpses of wisdom back that would help lead the way for me :)

About two weeks ago, I switched on my newly installed a three-phase MultiPlus II system in my house for the first time. Pure excitement. The ESS system and I are currently in the getting-to-know-each-other phase. It's mostly nice, but some of the excitement has tapered off and instead transitioned into uncertainty.

I understand that the job of the ESS is to try to keep the grid meter close to its set-point, and that this can be done with or without phase compensation. Something feels off though... I have nothing connected on AC2. Beside the pool which is connected on "the grid side" everything else, the whole house is connected to AC1. Despite this, at first, the Cerbo/VRM showed Phase 1 and 3 under Critical Load, and Phase 2 under AC loads?!...

1679085916735.png

When changing grid metering under the ESS settings to Inverter/Charger, now everything shows up as AC loads. (see last picture for how that looks) ...

...but...

...when setting the virtual switch on the MultiPlus:es to On I become the neighbourhood's electrical grid equivalent to a wave machine at a water amusement park. Phase 1 and 3 are gently bobbing along with a few hundred watts up and down while Phase 2 is oscillating widly between +2,5KW <--> -2,5KW (roughly)

1679085361269.png

Even when setting the ESS mode to "Keep batteries charged" phase 2 seem to think that it's suitable to start discharging and sending 2-3 KW back out on the grid...

1679085798770.png

Only way to cool things off and maintain a more steady flow of electrons is to flip the virtual switch back to charger only.

... and now, to tie it together with the topic of this thread; Is this normal ESS behaviour ... or have I done something wrong? Is something faulty? I'm using a EM340 meter (The EM24 seems to be the preferred choice in most cases), could that have anything to do with it?

Any essential information that I left out, please enlighten me.

Any suggestions, insights or just some friendly cheering no to loose hope will be very appreciated. :)

Best regards,

Martin

ESS
1679085361269.png (354.5 KiB)
1679085798770.png (2.9 MiB)
1679085916735.png (1008.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers