question

thanar avatar image
thanar asked

Setup a schedule for inverter power limit on an ESS system?

I am trying a way to better utilize my battery. It turns out that limiting inverter power during the night, allows me to keep the battery from overloading and switching to sustain mode.

So, question is, is there a way to set up an automatic schedule to enable and disable inverter power?

ESSess discharging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @thanar,

You can limit inverter power within ESS settings however I'm not aware of a way of changing this setting based on a schedule in settings anywhere.

However you can do this with node red (or using an external server with MQTT/Modbus to edit the inverter power setting)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

janieronen avatar image
janieronen answered ·

You can enable Venus OS Large and make this schedule and other more advanced configurations in nodeRED. That's not officially supported by Victron but is pretty straight forward method. I have used NR for exact same application so limiting inverter/charger power based on schedules and grid price.

2 |3000

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic