question

seriusrod avatar image
seriusrod asked

[SOLVED] ESS Exporting when export disabled

Can anyone tell my why my system is exporting, even when configured for not to do so?

1678881411990.png

1678881487353.png

ESS
1678881411990.png (70.1 KiB)
1678881487353.png (54.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

Did you configure the fronius for zero export ? e.g. sunspec protocol and limiting via modbus ?

Jens

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seriusrod avatar image
seriusrod answered ·

Solved. Somewhat the configuration at the inverter was messed, I guess the platform had something to do. Modbus was deactivated.

2 |3000

seriusrod avatar image
seriusrod answered ·

Yep. It started to act like this only after upgrading the multiplus II to v500 and Cerbo to v3. Previously in v.2.88 never had this problem.

4 comments
2 |3000

michaelermer avatar image michaelermer commented ·
Did you reinstall the assistant after the upgrade?
0 Likes 0 ·
seriusrod avatar image seriusrod michaelermer commented ·
I remember that there also where updates in the V.E.Configure application and that I had to follow all the screens again and re-upload the whole config.
0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·
dont upgrade unless you are fixing a issue or want the new features any upgrade will have changes and thus you may end up having to do things differently or reinstall some settings

so really if its not brocken then dont do the upgrades

0 Likes 0 ·
seriusrod avatar image seriusrod Paul B commented ·
Totally agree. I've been in contact with the local Victron support for those grid and battery charging instabilities and the tech always done a routine of first upgrading all the devices.

In this case seems that Fronius made any upgrade to their remote platform and the modbus setting was changed to off as a result. A friend of mine also suffered this, but in his case, also the max production setting was set to zero. The inverter wasn't producing and we got crazy until we found this out. I've blocked internet access to my inverter, since then.
0 Likes 0 ·