question

Silvio Franceschini avatar image
Silvio Franceschini asked

ESS don't sustain DC loads / don't recharge more than 5Amp in BatteryLife Mode

In a Tinyhouse we run a 24V ESS (MP-II 24/3000 v500) with Victron Smart Lithium 200Ah incl. Smart Shunt and MPPT's.

As the Tiny have different consumers over 24VDC, the battery gets drained quite a bit on that side. In the winter a DC floor heating is connected as well.
Unfortunately ESS is not sustaining these DC loads if "min. SOC" is reached. Why?
Further if ESS is in "BatteryLife Mode", the charge state / current never change to more than 5Amp (Slow recharge) so the battery will get drained until flat. If ESS is "without Battery LifeMode" it change to max. charge.

If I analyze the ESS state via NodeRed, I can see that ESS is not changing from

6 - Optimized Mode /w BatteryLife: SoC has been below SoC limit for more than 24 hours. Charging the battery (5A)

to what is needed

8 - Optimized Mode /w BatteryLife: recharging, SoC dropped by 5% or more below the minimum SoC

I'm able to set ESS state via NodeRed to (8).

In my eyes ESS should sustain DC loads in the first place. But at least should change to full charge if SOC dropes to mutch and safe the batteries from get drained too flat.

bildschirmfoto-2023-01-06-um-220248.jpg

bildschirmfoto-2023-01-06-um-220257.jpg
Any ideas? Thanks

ESSess discharging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic